This educational activity is designed to enhance the knowledge of the academic and community dermatologists who attend our weekly meeting. Topics will be selected based on the evaluation forms from the previous year. In addition, live patients are invited to grand rounds who demonstrate key points in patient diagnosis management and will emphasize application of evidence-based medicine.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
Allied Health Care Professionals
- Perform an accurate and thorough skin exam includng mucosal surfaces in order to describe morphology and generate a differential diagnosis.
- Integrate multiple findings on a given patient including history, physical exam, laboratory exam, histopathologic findings and other information for the purpose of making an accurate diagnosis of inflammatory, neoplastic or genetic skin diseases.
- Evaluate and establish therapeutic recommendations and further diagnostic test recommendations in light of best medicine guidelines, evidence-based medicine, literature review and consensus of expert opinion.
- Have regular updated follow up of these patient outcomes after presentations.
- Evaluate and discuss selected dermatologic diseases and therapies as presented by expert speakers (individual learning objectives to be made for each).
Activity Director - Dawn Siegel, MD
Drs. Megan Dowling, Stephen Humphrey, Marianne Junck, Ashley Sullivan, Michelle Bayer, Dianne de Leon, Amy Wentland, Jeff Yu, Brianne Dickey, Daniel Hekman, Mary Kwon, Molly Ness, Allison Schaus, Rachel Collins, Yvonne Chiu, Beth Drolet, Sheila Galbraith, Helen Kuzma, Zelmira Lazarova, Linda Lee, Laura Richter, Joree Ruiz, Brenda Rupp, Thomas Russell, Stefan Schieke, Olayemi Sokumbi, Kara Walton, Sun Young Ruggeri, Keri Chaney, and Edit Olasz
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of:
James Troy, MD - Roche, Consultant
Kristen Holland, MD - Abbvie, Spouse Employment
Barbara Wilson, MD - Carma, Scientific Advisory Committee
Sam Hwang, MD, PhD - Novartis, Speaker; Abbvie, Consultant
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.50 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.