NAEMSP® Medical Directors Overview Course - April 3, 2014
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint sponsorship of the Medical College of Wisconsin and National Association of EMS Physicians®. The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live Activity for a maximum of 7 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Allied Health Professionals
Upon completion of the course, physicians will be able to:
- Describe the process for implementation and review of protocol, policy and procedure development
- Identify special issues and unique considerations related to clinical care protocol in the prehospital setting
- Describe the role of medical oversight for all aspects of the delivery of out-of-hospital care
- Discuss the components and challenges in conducting pre-hospital research
- Recognize the impact of applicable state laws, rules and regulations on EMS medical oversight and the EMS medical director
Derek Cooney, MD FF/NREMT-P FACEP—Syracuse, NY
Allen Yee, MD—Moseley, VA
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationship to disclose.
- 7.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 7.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.