NAEMSP® Medical Directors Overview Course - August 9, 2018
An awareness course to provide the student with the scope of components of medical oversight activities, their implications and incorporation into decision making in EMS systems
1. Describe the process for implementation and review of protocol, policy and procedure development.
2. Identify special issues and unique considerations related to clinical care protocol in the pre-hospital setting.
3. Describe the role of medical oversight for all aspects of the delivery of out-of-hospital care.
4. Discuss the components and challenges in conducting pro-hospital research.
5. Recognize the impact of applicable state laws, rules and regulations on EMS medical oversight and the EMS medical director.
National Association of EMS Physicians®
Medical Direction Overview Course™ Outline
August 9, 2018
Purpose: This is an awareness course to provide the student with the scope of components of medical oversight activities, their implications and incorporation into decision making in EMS systems.
8:00 a.m. Introduction
8:30 a.m. EMS Overview
9:00 a.m. EMS Systems
10:15 a.m. BREAK
10:30 a.m. Medical Oversight
1:00 p.m. Personnel and Education
1:30 p.m. EMS System and Responsibilities
2:00 p.m. BREAK
2:30 p.m. Local EMS Specific Discussions
4:00 p.m. Questions and Answers
5:00 p.m. Closing
In accordance with the ACCME® standard for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the Essential Areas and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of the Medical College of Wisconsin and National Association of EMS Physicians®. The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Credit Designation Statement
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live Activity for a maximum of 7 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- 7.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 7.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.