NAEMSP® Medical Directors Overview Course - April 18-19, 2019
Purpose: an awareness course to provide the student with the scope of components of medical oversight activities, their implications and incorporation into decision making in EMS systems
- Describe the process for implementation and review of protocol, policy and procedure development.
- Identify special issues and unique considerations related to clinical care protocol in the pre-hospital setting.
- Describe the role of medical oversight for all aspects of the delivery of out-of-hospital care.
- Discuss the components and challenges in conducting pro-hospital research.
- Recognize the impact of applicable state laws, rules and regulations on EMS medical oversight and the EMS medical director.
Thursday, April 18, 2019
1:00 p.m. Introductions
1:30 p.m. EMS Overview
2:30 p.m. EMS Systems
3:30 p.m. BREAK
3:45 p.m. Personnel and Education
4:30 p.m. Questions and Answers
5:00 p.m. Finish for the day
Friday, April 19, 2019
8:00 a.m. Medical Oversight
9:00 a.m. EMS System and Responsibilities
10:00 a.m. BREAK
10:15 a.m. Oregon EMS Specific Discussions
11:30 a.m. Questions and Answers
12:00 p.m. Closing
|Michael Levy, MD||Stryker Emergency Care||Employment|
In accordance with the ACCME® standard for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 7.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 7.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.