This program will provide attendees with updates and new information regarding the MCW Human Research Protection Program.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.5 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Psychology CE Credit Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Medical College of Wisconsin maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
This activity contains content or processes that may be potentially stressful.
Human research investigators
Why Did My Study Get Tabled? How to Reach Approval Status Faster in 2015
Objectives for the event are:
1) Review the criteria that must be satisfied before the IRB can approve an application
2) Specify and discuss the most common reasons these criteria are not met, forcing a vote to table the review (and drawing out the process for at least two more weeks)
3) Discussion of improvements the IRB might introduce to help investigators meet criteria for approval sooner
David Clark, PhD, Director, Human Research Protection Program
AnnMarie Eve, DIrector, IRB Operations
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.50 APAAPA credit.
- 1.50 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.