This program alternates monthly between the Human Research Professional’s Meeting (HRPM) and the IRB Lunch & Learn. These educational opportunities are designed to provide new or updated information regarding human research protections and encourage researchers to consider the information being presented in the context of his/her research practice.
This session will provide learners with information on statistics that will assist in the development of research projects.
Allied Health Care Professionals
This session is designed to help you:
- Explain what constitutes “evidence.”
- Distinguish between standard deviation and standard error of the mean.
- Assess which statistical test is most appropriate for your study.
- Recognize three of the key statistical pitfalls.
- Identify whether an association/correlation is causal.
Presenter: Robert Calder, MD, MS, FACPM
Activity Director: David Clark, PhD
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.