This program alternates monthly between the Human Research Professional’s Meeting (HRPM) and the IRB Lunch & Learn. These educational opportunities are designed to provide new or updated information regarding human research protections and encourage researchers to consider the information being presented in the context of his/her research practice.
This session will provide learners with information on HIPAA in relation to research.
Allied Health Care Professionals
This session is designed to help you:
• Describe the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996;
• Discuss the Privacy Rule, its purpose, and its impact on research; and
• Determine when protected health information (PHI) can or cannot be disclosed for research purposes.
Matt Richter, JD, MA
Manager, MCW Research Compliance
Activity Director: David Clark, PhD
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.