This presentation will describe the risk factors, clinical presentation and management of preeclampsia. Emerging prevention and treatment strategies as well as the subsequent maternal health considerations will be highlighted.
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of The Medical College of Wisconsin and International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis. The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation of Credit Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Please note: The course fee is $10.00 in addition to a $2.50 processing fee which is assessed for all electronic registrations.
More information and online registration: http://academy.isth.org/isth/
This course is being supported by Instrumentation Laboratory
- Basic and clinical scientists in the fields of thrombosis and haemostasis, obstetric haemostasis and pre-eclampsia
- Students, researchers and clinicians interested in obstetric haemostasis
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
- Detailed understanding of pre-eclampsia as a diverse syndrome and the haemostatic mechanisms involved in its pathogenesis.
- Update knowledge of the mechanisms and importance of disordered haemostasis in pre-eclampsia and the potential therapeutic implications.
Faculty & credentials:
Geoffrey Barnes, MD
Chris Ward, PhD
Stephen Watson, PhD
Chris Gardiner "Basic pathophysiology of preeclampsia"
Michael Paidas "Clinical aspects"
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following persons:
|Geoffrey Barnes, MD||Portola||Consulting|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan||Research|
|Chris Ward, PhD||Bayer||Speaker|
|Boehringer-Ingelheim||Speaker, Advisory Board|
|BMS/Pfizer||Speaker, Advisory Board|
|Yukio Ozaki||The Sysmex Corporation||Advisory Board|
|Michael Paidas||Revo Biologics||PI|
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
Lacey Schmeidler, MA
+1 (919) 929-3807
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.