This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of The Medical College of Wisconsin and International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis. The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation of Credit Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Please note: The course fee is $10.00 in addition to a $2.50 processing fee which is assessed for all electronic registrations.
More information and online registration: http://academy.isth.org/isth/
This course is being supported by Instrumentation Laboratory
Physicians of all disciplines involved in the care of patients with acute pulmonary embolism: Cardiologists, Pulmonologists, Hematologists, Hemostaseologists, Internists, Anesthesiologists, Intensivists, Cardiothoracic Surgeons
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
- Understand the global disease burden related to venous thromboembolism
- Apply evidence-based, risk-adjusted algorithms to diagnose or exclude clinically suspected pulmonary embolism
- Distinguish between intermediate-high, intermediate-low, and low-risk pulmonary embolism, and apply this knowledge in the acute-phase management
- Understand the modalities, benefits, indications and caveats of early reperfusion therapy: systemic full-dose thrombolysis, reduced-dose thrombolysis, surgical embolectomy, or catheter-directed treatment
- Decide on the use vitamin K antagonists versus non-vitamin K-dependent oral anticoagulants (NOACs) in the treatment and secondary prophylaxis of PE, in relation to lytic or other reperfusion therapy
Faculty & credentials:
Geoffrey Barnes, MD
Chris Ward, PhD
Stephen Watson, PhD
Stavros Konstantinides, Johannes Gutenberg University of Mainz (Germany)
Raj Kasthuri, University of North Carolina (USA)
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following persons:
|Geoffrey Barnes, MD||Portola||Consulting|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan||Research|
|Chris Ward, PhD||Bayer||Speaker|
|Boehringer-Ingelheim||Speaker, Advisory Board|
|BMS/Pfizer||Speaker, Advisory Board|
|Yukio Ozaki||The Sysmex Corporation||Advisory Board|
|Stavros Konstantinides||Daiichi Sankyo||Speaker|
|Raj Kasthuri||Bayer Healthcare||Consultant|
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
Lacey Schmeidler, MA
+1 (919) 929-3807
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.