This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of The Medical College of Wisconsin and International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis. The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation of Credit Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Please note: The course fee is $10.00 in addition to a $2.50 processing fee which is assessed for all electronic registrations.
More information and online registration: http://academy.isth.org/isth/
- All doctors and scientists using heparin
- Physicians heparin prescribers
- Anesthesiologists suspecting HIT
- Biologists detecting HIT
- Students learning HIT
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
- Establish differential diagnosis for acquired thrombocytopenia
- Select appropriate upfront management of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT)
- Discuss treatment options for patients who are suspected to have HIT
- Know all the assays characteristics : limits and advantages
- Identify the best sequence for their potential combination
- Define a well-informed diagnosis strategy
- See right and do right to decide right
Faculty & credentials:
Geoffrey Barnes, MD
Chris Ward, PhD
Stephen Watson, PhD
Tamam Bakchoul "Clinical Manifestations"
Ismail Elalamy "Laboratory Measurement"
Ketan Kulkarni, IWK Health Centre (Canada)
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following persons:
|Geoffrey Barnes, MD||Portola||Consulting|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan||Research|
|Chris Ward, PhD||Bayer||Speaker|
|Boehringer-Ingelheim||Speaker, Advisory Board|
|BMS/Pfizer||Speaker, Advisory Board|
|Yukio Ozaki||The Sysmex Corporation||Advisory Board|
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
Lacey Schmeidler, MA
+1 (919) 929-3807
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.