This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of The Medical College of Wisconsin and International Society on Thrombosis and Haemostasis. The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Designation of Credit Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this enduring material activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Please note: The course fee is $10.00 in addition to a $2.50 processing fee which is assessed for all electronic registrations.
More information and online registration: http://academy.isth.org/isth/
Internists, haematologists, vascular phyisicians
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
- To review main risk factors, acute phase and long-term management strategies of splanchnic vein thrombosis, with particular focus on the use of anticoagulant therapies.
- Knowledge on the risk factors for CVT and how these differ from VTE
- Be familiar with the range of clinical manifestations that can observed in patients with CVT
- Recognize the different brain parenchymal lesions that can occur in patients with CVT
- Have an understanding on the different treatment modalities for CVT and know which therapy should be reserved for which patient
Faculty & credentials:
Geoffrey Barnes, MD
Chris Ward, PhD
Stephen Watson, PhD
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following persons:
|Geoffrey Barnes, MD||Portola||Consulting|
|Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan||Research|
|Chris Ward, PhD||Bayer||Speaker|
|Boehringer-Ingelheim||Speaker, Advisory Board|
|BMS/Pfizer||Speaker, Advisory Board|
|Yukio Ozaki||The Sysmex Corporation||Advisory Board|
|Jonathan Coutinho||Boehringer Ingelheim||Committee member|
|Walter Ageno||Bayer, Boehringer Ingelheim||Principal Investigator, Advisory Board|
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
Lacey Schmeidler, MA
+1 (919) 929-3807
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.