The multidisciplinary breast tumor board is a weekly meeting of breast surgeons, plastic surgeons, radiologists medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and allied health professionals who specialize in breast care to discuss the cases of all breast cancer patients who will be treated in the Froedtert and Medical College Breast Cancer Center. The purpose of these discussions is to ensure quality care for each patient and discuss recent changes in literature and discuss their effect on management of breast cancer patients. We also discuss clinical trials that are currently open, their rationale, and patient eligibility for participation on those trials.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Breast Surgeons
- Plastic Surgeons
- Radiologists Medical Oncologists
- Radiation Oncologists
- Allied Health Professionals
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
- Recognize and understand the importance of the multidisciplinary approach to the care of patients with malignant breast disease.
- Enhance the fund of knowledge for the work-up and evaluation of patients with malignant breast disease, including the appropriate use of imaging technology and services of the Pathology Department.
- Discuss and assist implementation of new treatment protocols for the multidisciplinary treatment of breast cancer
- Educate attendees about current areas of controversies in management of breast cancer, discuss clinical trials that attempt address those controversies, and identify patients that might benefit from enrollment in clinical trials.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.