- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Treatment options for patients with newly diagnosed or recurrent thoracic malignancy are in a continual state of evolution. The MTTC provides pathologists, radiologists, surgeons, medical oncologists and radiation oncologists a forum in which to introduce new treatment options and protocols to the entire team, resulting in a more cohesive and comprehensive plan of care for each patient regardless of the subspecialty via which they entered our Cancer Center’s care.
Communication between the various treating disciplines is crucial in keeping each provider up-to-date on current treatment options. This forum allows the subspecialists to review each patient’s unique set of physical and psychosocial factors and offer contributions to their care plan which might not otherwise have been recognized.
The goal is to improve communication amongst the various oncologic disciplines, and increasing each physician and allied health professional’s fund of knowledge and comprehension of available and optimal treatment options.
- Medical oncologists
- Radiation oncologists
- Surgical oncologists
- Thoracic surgeons
- Chest radiologists
- Nuclear medicine radiologists
- Allied health professionals
- Provide evidence-based recommendations for treatment of newly diagnosed and recurrent thoracic malignancies
- Be current on treatment techniques and options, including research protocols, available to thoracic cancer patients
- Better evaluate my personal patient care practices and outcomes (based on outcomes tools developed both inside our institution and nationally) and adjust treatment strategies accordingly.
|Mario Gasparri, MD||Intuitive Surgical||Surgical Proctor|
|Jonathan Kurman, MD|