- 1.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.50 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
This educational activity is designed to provide a learning environment that provides interactive discussions on up to date medical information, treatment plans, options and protocols, along with the risks, benefits and outcomes of treatment on adult musculoskeletal oncology patients. This is a discussed in a multidisciplinary format that creates a well rounded unbiased discussion amongst colleagues. It creates an environment for dynamic discussion and debates on patient care and the treatment resources available. It provides the opportunity for consistent tailored individual treatment protocols per patient.
Allied Helath Care Professionals
Learning Objectives for Multi-Disciplinary Musculoskeletal Oncology Conference—
At the conclusion of this activity, I will be able to:
- Apply recent updates to treatment plans/protocols based on discussions on outcomes of patient treatment results at tumor board
- Expand our discussions to include the most recent literature evaluations on musculoskeletal oncology protocols and treatment outcomes
- Continue to collaborate as a multidisciplinary unit to treat the patient as a whole and utilize treatment resources efficiently
- Publish research that is up to date and relevant to the current literature
- Review patient medical information pertinent to diagnosis and treatment of adult patients with musculoskeletal oncology conditions.
- Discuss treatment plans/options/protocols for newly diagnosed adult musculoskeletal oncology patients.
- Discuss treatment plans/options/protocols for established adult musculoskeletal oncology patients.
- Share knowledge regarding specific diagnoses/conditions of adult patients with musculoskeletal oncology conditions.
- Discuss risks/benefits of current treatment strategies as well as potential treatment trials from which adult patients may benefit.
Activity Director(s): Don Hackbarth, MD, David King, MD and Lori Hollingsworth-Burds, PA-C
In accordance with the ACCME policy on relevant financial disclosure, the following planner disclosed that they have the following commercial interest. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
Dr. D. Hackbarth, Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation, Board of Directors
Dr. J.C. Neilson, Musculoskeletal Transplant Foundation, Board of Trustees
Dr. S. Tutton, Benvenue, Consultant
All others in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Drs. K. Baynes, M. Bedi, G. Carrera, R. Cerniglia, J. Charlson, M. Du Bois, S. Erickson, D. King, J. LoGiudice, A. MacKinnon, A. Mautz, J. Neilson, P. Rossi, W. Tisol, S. Tutton, D. Wang, E. Zambrano, K. Unni, L. Hollingsworth-Burds PA-C, S. Veenendaal PA-C, J. Waugh APNP MSN, K. HornessPA-C.