2019 MCW Spine Day (MED-1081)
The Medical College of Wisconsin’s Department of Neurosurgery invites you to our 2019 Spine Day on Friday, August 9th, 2019 at the MCW/Froedtert Campus.
This symposium is designed for providers who treat patients with spine related disorders and are interested in understanding special populations and helping manage patient expectations and understanding regarding opioids in spine pain.
- Medical Doctors
- Physician Assistants
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physical Therapists
- Athletic Trainers
- Highlight the evidence surrounding opioid use in spine pain including how to discuss this with your patient, understanding alternative treatments to opioids and the effect these options have on opioid use
- Provide an understanding of special considerations for spine pain in athletic populations including the aging athlete and pediatric populations
- The athletic panel will also discuss back pain in the golf athlete
- Discuss special considerations regarding spine pain in worker’s compensation claims to include biopsychosocial considerations and considerations for rehabilitation in this population
- Shekar N. Kurpad, MD, PhD
- Jeffrey King, DC, MS
- Christopher White, MD
- Peter Pahapill, MD, PhD
- Jordan Gliedt, DC
- Sarah Endrizzi, MD
- Christopher I. Shaffrey, MD, FACS
- Shayne Fehr, MD
- Heather Curtiss, MD, MS
- Jeffrey Walter, LAT
- Laura Radke, MD
- Erika Day, PT, DPT
All persons on control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 5.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 5.5 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
This course has been approve by the Wisconsin Medical Examining Board as meeting the requirements for the two-hour continuing education course on the responsible opioid prescribing guidelines per Med 13.03(3) of the Wisconsin Administrative Code. Reference # MED-1081
This program has been approved for 5.5 CE credits by the Chiropractic Examining Board of the State of Wisconsin.
For Physical Therapists:
This program has been approved for 5.5 CE credits by the Wisconsin Physical Therapy Association.
- 5.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 5.50 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
|General Registration fee||$100.00|
|Wisconsin Chiropractic Association Members||$50.00**|
The billing address entered at check out must match the address associated with the credit card used or your credit card will be declined.
A $4.00- non-refundable processing fee is assessed on all registrations
**Wisconsin Chiropractic Association members, contact Jan Schiebenes at 414-955-0952 for discount code PRIOR to on-line registration,
Refund Policy: Refunds minus a $25 handling fee will be provided if requested in writing to JSchiebenes@mcw.edu before midnight on August 2, 2019; from August 3 through August 9 no refunds will be provided.