14064 SUDEP & Electroencephalography: for non-convulsive seizures and so much more... Neurology Grand Rounds May 9, 2014
Weekly grand rounds as a forum for clinical and basic research updates in neurology with respect to diagnosis and management of neurological disorders and advances in neuroscience. General areas of focus will include among others the following: neuromuscular, epilepsy, sleep, movement disorders, stroke and vascular disorders, neurodegenertive, dementia and memory disorders, headaches and cranial neuralgias, autonomic disorders, and general neurologic conditions.
Neurologists and Neuropsychologists as a specialty, including both generalists and sub-specialists. Health care providers including physicians (MD's, DO's) RN, APNP, PA, PhD, as well as students, residents, and fellows. Also included are basic and clinical researchers and clinicians throughout neurology, neurosurgery, and neuropsychology especially during the monthly interdisciplinary grand rounds presentations.
- Be able to generate a list of risk factors for SUDEP.
- Be able to define SUDEP and variations of SUDEP.
- Be able to educate patients on epidemiology of SUDEP.
- Review non-convulsive seizures and status epilepticus.
- Review recommended indications for EEG monitoring in ICU patients.
- Introduce and review the debut of EEG into mainstream culture.
Faculty Disclosure - Planning Information goes here. *Go to pg 18 in the manual and add info
The following planners have disclosed that they have no commercial interests: Dr Chelimsky, Dr Christopher Butson, Dr. David Sabsevitz and Dr. Jonathan Florczak.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 APAAPA credit.
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.