ISTH Congress 2021
At ISTH 2021, thousands of the world’s leading experts on thrombosis, hemostasis and vascular biology come together to present the most recent advances, exchange the latest science and discuss the newest clinical applications designed to improve patient care.
Through an extensive lineup of educational sessions, poster and oral communications, state-of-the-art lectures, medical industry exhibits and professional networking opportunities, the Congress promotes important scientific discourse and advancement.
Keywords: COVID-19, Neoplasma, Thrombosis, Anticoagulant, Platelet Aggregation Inhibitor
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- List anticoagulant treatment options for patients with COVID-19 and define the role of d-dimer testing in making treatment decisions
- Describe data on the different efficacy of LMWH vs DOACs in patients with cancers affecting different organ systems
- Explain the conditions that would stratify patients with cardiovascular disease into those needing antiplatelet agents, those needing anticoagulants, and those needing both
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Six, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Six, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education through the joint providership of The Medical College of Wisconsin and the International Society on Thrombosis Haemostasis (ISTH). The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 14.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 14.50 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 14.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 14.50 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.