Introduction to pediatric cataracts, including diagnosis and non-surgical management. Then a brief overview of pre-operative planning, surgical steps, IOL use, management of the posterior capsule, and post-operative considerations.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.00 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Physician (fellow/resident)
- Community eye care professionals
- Ophthalmic photographers
- Discuss the approach to a lens opacity in a child.
- Introduce special considerations for IOL implantation in a pediatric age group.
- Describe management of the posterior capsule in pediatric cataract surgery.
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved