2014 American Medical Society for Sports Medicine Annual Meeting
The AMSSM Annual Meeting provides a valuable source of cutting edge and evidence-based review of medical knowledge to professionals engaged in the treatment active patients. The Annual Meeting provides a forum for physicians to discuss current and controversial issues in the field of sports medicine. By providing a quality educational experience we plan to foster collegial relationship among dedicated, competent sports medicine physicians who are recognized as experts by their peers.
Primary care sports medicine embodies varied and diverse expertise from general health of active individuals to screening for safe participation and return to activity/sports as well as diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries. The AMSSM is also involved in setting practice standards through collaboration with other governing sports bodies. An example is consensus statements.
Furthermore, the AMSSM fosters and lends a forum to new research and study of sports medicine. The membership of the AMSSM are heavily involved as educators of sports medicine from fellowships to medical residents, students and educating members in local communities.
The Annual Meeting of the AMSSM is the primary avenue to update both national and international membership in all of these areas. Through workshops, instructional course lectures, research presentations and plenary sessions up-to-date information and discussion is provided. The content of the annual meeting is determined by a process which includes: review of past meeting feedback, membership surveys, the Program Planning Committee, AMSSM leadership as well as feedback from leaders in the field world-wide.
For more information: http://www.amssm.org/
Physicians and Allied Health Care Professionals who are interested in the field of Sports Medicine
- Identifying and treating obesity and the Impact of exercise
- Reviewing diagnosis and treatment of post-concussion syndrome, brain bleeds and spinal fractures
- Reviewing the consensus statements on burnout in youth sports; team physician statement and inter-association statement on best practices standard
- Evidence based and quality standards impact on physical exam skills
- Performing artist medicine and hearing loss in musicians
- Cutting edge pediatric sports medicine issues
- Application, use and implications of musculoskeletal ultrasound in sports medicine
- Updates on management and treatment guidelines in cluding retrun to play for the female athlete triad
- Updates on exercise while pregnant
- Medical illness updates on hypertension, diabetes, asthma in athletes
- Nerve injuries, headaches in athletic population and neuropathic-nociceptive pain in athletes
- Treatment paradigms in spondylolysis, vitamin D and allowing contact & hitting in youth sports
- Issues in being a team physician-medical ethics, preventing burnout, transition to disaster-medicine
601 Loyola Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70113
- 52.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 52.25 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.