The 31st Annual Medical College of Wisconsin Sports Medicine Symposium
This symposium is designed for primary care physicians, emergency medicine physicians, physical therapists, athletic trainers, nurses, coaches, athletic directors, and anyone who is interested and involved in the care of athletes of all ages and abilities. Topics and speakers are subject to change. Team, institutional and hospital affiliations are current as of brochure printing.
- Primary Care Physicians
- Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Physician Assistants
- Advanced Practice Providers
- Physical Therapists
- Athletic Trainers
- Athletic directors
- And anyone who is interested & involved in the care of athletes of all ages and abilities
- Develop skills in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of common shoulder, back, groin, pelvis and knee musculoskeletal injuries in athletic populations
- Construct a set of standards for on-field injuries and evaluation of injuries in the athletic training facility and office settings
- Identify ways to incorporate sports technology to improve athletic performance metrics
- Recognize the use of cannabis, hormones, performance enhancing substances, alternative diets and emerging technologies by athletes
- Recognize how aging affects the body and how this alters injury patterns
Park in Lot C on 87th Street just north of Watertown Plank Road and the Wisconsin Athletic Club. If Lot C is full, please check in at the visitor lot on 87th Street across from the College for alternate parking locations.
Radisson Hotel Milwaukee West
2303 N. Mayfair Road
Milwaukee, WI 53226
(Corner of Hwy 100 and North Ave)
MCW nightly rate is $105 (plus tax)
Book online using promo code SPORTM:
For telephone reservations and shuttle, call 414-257-3400.
TRAVEL & ROAD ALERTS:
COURSE DIRECTORS: John Lachacz, PT, ATC & Craig Young, MD
COURSE PLANNING COMMITTEE: Laura Gottschlich, DO, Joe Hoff, MS, LAT, Mark Lydecker, MPT, LAT, William Raasch, MD
COURSE COORDINATORS: Wendy Engel & Amy Peters
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
A complete list of faculty and disclosure information will be provided on site.
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 15.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Froedtert Sports Medicine
(BOC AP# P8529) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for a maximum of 14.5 EBP Category hours/CEUs. ATs should claim only those hours actually spent in the educational program.
Wisconsin Physical Therapy Association
has approved this program (#029773) for up to 14.5 hours of prescribed credit. The American Academy of Family Physicians designates this continuing medical education activity for up to 14.5 hours of prescribed credit.
- 15.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 15.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
|ATs/LATs & Residents||$215|
|AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ for physicians add|
|Hours of Participation Credits for Allied Health Care Professionals add|
Registration fee includes, course materials, refreshments, lunch.
CE credits for physicians and allied health care professionals add $25.
Refunds & Cancellations:
All registrations include a 25% nonrefundable processing fee. To receive a refund, written notice of cancellation must be received prior to March 11, 2019. After that date, no refunds will be granted. Fees will not be refunded for no-shows. Early registration is recommended; a limited number of registrations will be accepted on site.