This educational activity is designed to provide our faculty with alternative sources of information and experience on controversial or newly emerging topics that are likely to change diagnostic pathology practices that cannot be gleaned from reading the literature or standard textbooks in pathology. There are many areas in pathology where a uniformly acceptable standard has not yet been established. Direct interaction with an expert can provide the pathologist with additional insight into more effective ways to handle the issue.
Key Words: CME, MCW, Pathology, Neuropathology, Clinical Pathology, Molecular Pathology, Surgical Pathology, Education, Differential Diagnosis, Morphological and Microscopic Findings, Pathological Processes, Pathological Conditions, Neoplastic Cell Transformation, Health Care Facilities, Manpower and Services
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Describe the clinical context surrounding surgical management of patients with ovarian masses
- Identify pitfalls and limitation of frozen sections of the ovary
- Develop an optimal strategy for guiding intraoperative management at the time of oophorectomy
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Six, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Kathleen Bone, PhD
- Tamara Giorgadze, MD, PhD
- Kenneth Iczkowski, MD
- Shannon M. Majewski, CMP, CMM, HMCC, VEMM
- Stephanie M. McGregor, MD, PhD
- Lauren Parsons, MD
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Six, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
|Blake Buchan, PhD||Chromacode||Advisory Board|
|Blake Buchan, PhD||Nuclease Probe Technologies||Advisor|
|Blake Buchan, PhD||Pattern Dx||Consultant|
|Blake Buchan, PhD||Accelerate Dx||Consultant|
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.