This educational activity is designed to improve the knowledge of pediatric emergency medicine physicians at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin as it relates to the following: New recommendations for the care of the sexually or physically abused child, new recommendations for the care of the injured or medically ill pediatric patient, the care of surgical emergencies in the pediatric emergency department, the care of the sick newborn including handoff to the NICU and the ongoing need for competence in providing handoffs in the emergency setting, and finally, new serch strategies are now available thru MCW library sercvices to help with using resources to search for evidence-based practices.
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Physcians, Physician Assistants, and Nurses/Nurse Practitioners
- Types of Neonatal Issues Presenting to the Emergency Room.
- Initial Management of Common Neonatal Issues in the ED.
- Determining Criteria for NICU Admission.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.