- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Pediatrician, Psychologist, Fellow, Resident, Nurse, Other
Participants will be able to:
Upon completion of this session, participants should gain knowledge of the following topics in reference to acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) in children and adolescents:
- Provide an overview of campus-wide GH activities, and the current pediatric residency training infrastructure for child health disparities at CHW/MCW.
- Investigate the impact of immersive training experiences in low-resource settings (i.e. global health electives).
- Identify potential ethical, safety, cultural, and sustainability issues surrounding global health training experiences that warrant a departmental infrastructure for coordination and oversight.
4. Outline important next steps in the field of global child health education, and for the Department’s involvement with global child health.
Nicole St. Clair, MD, Director, Department of Pediatrics Global Child Health Training Program, MCW, Stephan Hargarten, MD, MPH, Director, Global Health Pathway, MCW, Carmen Cobb, MD, Clinical Instructor, Department of Pediatrics and Department of Medicine, MCW, Rachel Dunn, MD, Instructor, Department of Pediatrics, MCW, and Archna Eniasivam, MD, Assistant HS Clinical Professor, Internal Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, Emily Fisher, MD, Senior Staff Physician, Baylor Scott and White Healthcare System, Austin, TX, and Leah Phillippi, MD, Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Section of Hospital Medicine, MCW