- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
Pediatrician, Psychologist, Fellow, Resident, Nurse, Other
Participants will be able to:
1. Understand the barriers to exercise and participation in the disabled population, and its impact on the incidence of obesity
2. Explain the benefits of exercise such as biking, on physical and psychological health, and social participation
3. Review the numerous adaptations that can be made to standard or specialized bikes to accommodate impairments such as ataxia, poor motor planning, spasticity, limb loss, strength deficits, vision problems etc.
4. Understand funding mechanisms and ways to promote inclusion of adapted equipment at home and in schools
David Waters, MD, Medical Director; Co-Captain Bicycle Dream Team, Sixteenth Street Community Health Center; Gerisa LaSpisa, JD, Executive Director, Variety – The Children’s Charity of Wisconsin; Brent Emery, Co-Owner Emery’s Cycle and Fitness Center; and Elizabeth Moberg-Wolff, MD, FAAPMR, Medical Director, Pediatric Rehabilitation Medicine Associates, LLC, Milwaukee, WI