Pediatrician, Psychologist, Fellow, Resident, Nurse, Other
Participants will be able to:
• Describe the role of surfactant in normal lung function.
• Recognize the pathologic features associated with neonatal respiratory distress syndrome.
• Describe the role of surgical lung biopsy and other special studies in the diagnosis of surfactant dysfunction disorders.
• List the six known genetic disorders of surfactant metabolism.
• Describe the symptoms associated with TTF1/NKX2-1 abnormalities causing "brain-lung-thyroid syndrome".
Presenter: Megan K. Dishop, MD, Medical Director, Pediatric Anatomic Pathology, Children's Hospitals and Clinics of Minnesota Laboratories
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.