Attendees of Pediatric Grand Rounds will learn from leading experts state-of-the art clinical and basic science knowledge in a wide variety of topics in pediatric medicine. Information presented will enable attendees to remain current on best practices that improve their ability to deliver excellent patient care and outcomes.
Key Words: (3-5 words): Pediatric medicine; behavioral health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Social Worker
- Other: Resident and Fellow Trainees, Medical Students
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Describe at least 2 ways that COVID-19 is a unique stressor for children and families
- Discuss how racism, trauma, and current events have intersected with the stress of COVID-19
- Identify at least 3 signs of stress in children and teens
- List at least 3 ways that parents and health/mental health care providers can support children and families during times of stress
- Discuss the importance of self-care for those who provide the care
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Bethany Auble, MD, MEd
Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology
Associate Program Director, Pediatrics Residency Program
David Margolis, MD
Interim Chair, Professor Administration, Pediatrics
Robin H. Gurwitch, PhD
Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Center for Child and Family Health
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians
Designation of Credit Statement
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.