How you would describe the series to someone who may be interested in participating. What is the educational benefit of attending this series? Attendees of Pediatric Grand Rounds will learn from leading experts state-of-the art clinical and basic science knowledge in a wide variety of topics in pediatric medicine. Information presented will enable attendees to remain current on best practices that improve their ability to deliver excellent patient care and outcomes.
Key Words: (3-5 words): Pediatric medicine; behavioral health
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
- Social Worker
- Other: Resident and Fellow Trainees, Medical Students
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Educate physicians, basic scientists, advanced practice providers, and trainees on important pediatric medicine related topics.
- Present public policy and healthcare controversies that impact our pediatric population.
- Choose effective strategies and clinical approaches to diagnosing and managing common and uncommon patient symptoms or problems.
- Be updated on new research discoveries that are important to the advancement of pediatric patient care.
- Analyze newly published clinical practice guidelines published by national specialty organizations and how to best implement them in their practices.
- Become familiar with new pharmaceuticals and the indications for best and safest patient care.
- Inform audience and discuss public health care issues and policy that effect pediatric patient populations
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Bethany Auble, MD, MEd
Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Division of Endocrinology
Associate Program Director, Pediatrics Residency Program
David Margolis, MD
Interim Chair, Professor Administration, Pediatrics
(List those with no financial relationships to disclose)
The following persons in control of content disclosed the following financial relationships which were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians
Designation of Credit Statement
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.