Children’s Urgent Care seeks to provide best and safest care closer to home. As a group, we have 55+ providers treating patients at seven sites on nights and weekends. As the group has grown, we have identified a need to standardize education and formalize competencies for pediatric urgent care providers. The Urgent Care Skills Series will serve the education needs of physicians and advance-practice providers working in the pediatric urgent care setting. The sessions will also be open to the Children’s Medical Group primary care providers seeking to enhance their skills and competencies in the acute management of common ambulatory conditions.
ACCME Accreditation Statement
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education to physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity a maximum of 2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 2.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
The Medical College of Wisconsin, Inc. is approved as a provider of nurse practitioner continuing education by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners: AANP Provider Number 150930. This program has been approved for up to 2.0 contact hours of continuing education (which includes 0.25 hours of pharmacology). Nurse Practitioners should claim only those hours actually spent participating in the CME activity.
- Allied Health Care Professionals
1. Increase comfort around skills commonly used in Urgent Care emergencies, including c-collars and weight estimation tape.
2. Demonstrate effective communication between multidisciplinary team, patient, family, and EMS during an emergency situation.
3. Become more familiar with emergency medications, emergency equipment, and staff roles during an emergency.
In accordance with the ACCME® standard for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose:
Ilanalee Cabrera, MSN, RN, CPNP
- 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 2.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.
- 0.25 NP PharmacologyNP Pharmacology credit.
- 2.00 NP Contact Hours