- Allied Health Care Professionals
1. Distinguish analgesic strategies for cancer-related pain from chronic, non-malignant pain.
2. Identify 4 different types of cancer-related pain and how analgesic strategies must be adjusted.
3. Understand how prognosis guides opioid management decisions for cancer-related pain.
4. Learn 5 effective analgesic strategies for patients with pain related to advanced cancer.
Sean M. Marks, MD
Hospice and Palliative Medicine Fellowship Director
Division of Hematology and Oncology
Medical College of Wisconsin
Christopher L. White, MD
Heather M. Curtiss
Carley L. Sauter, MD
Stacy Stibb, DO
Mary K. Voegeli, APNP
Jennifer Yacub-Martin, MD
Linda Yoon, RN
Kimberley L. Zvara
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Commercial Support Number 6, all in control of content disclosed any relevant financial relationships. These relationships were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest resolution process and resolved.
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose with the exception of the following person(s):
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.