15124 Challenges and Benefits of Providing Mental Health Treatment in Schools 9/4/2015
This series of eight presentations are designed to provide continuing education for psychotherapists who treat children and adolescents. This activity will bring the audience up to date on the most current evidence based psychological treatments for youth covering a wide array of behavioral and emotional problems.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this Live Activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Psychology CE Credit Statement
The Medical College of Wisconsin is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. The Medical College of Wisconsin maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
This activity contains content or processes that may be potentially stressful.
Psychologists, social workers, counselors, and other allied mental health professionals
1. Name several reasons why children's mental health needs are underserved in this country
2. Identify barriers to accessing mental health care and how school-based services address these
3. Describe academic as well as other benefits of school-based mental health services
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 APAAPA credit.
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.