15216 Pediatric Mental Health & Safety: Assessment and Triage of Suicidality
This series of online modules provides education about psychiatric diagnoses and treatment, with an educational emphasis on psychopharmacology, to Primary Care Clinicians. Given the shortage of Child Psychiatrists nationally and in Wisconsin, in particular, Primary Care Clinicians are being tasked increasingly with assessing and treating children with mental health issues.Primary Care Clinicians report having had insufficient education about psychiatric diagnoses and treatment during their residency training, but they increasingly are asked to perform mental health assessments and to provide treatment for their patients.The goal is to provide education about psychiatric assessment and treatment to Primary Care Clinicians, thereby supporting them in their role as front-line providers of mental health care to children.
Family Practice Physicians
Allied Health Care Professionals
- Have acquired practical knowledge in the assessment of specific psychiatric disorders within the primary care of children and adolescents.
- Have acquired practical knowledge in the treatment of specific psychiatric disorders within the primary care of children and adolescents.
- Have acquired practical knowledge regarding when it is appropriate to refer a child or adolescent with psychiatric disorders to a higher level of care.
Michelle Broaddus, PhD
Ryan Byrne, MD
Rosa Kim, MD
All persons in control of content had NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.