2015 Annual Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine - November 11-14, 2015
The 2015 Annual Meeting of the APM will provide educational material to help clinicians provide optimal medical and psychiatric care for patients experiencing medical, surgical, or neurologic illness or pregnancy comorbid with psychiatric illness or symptomatology.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 31 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Medical students
- Advanced practice providers (APNP, PA, CNS)
- Apply patient outcomes research findings to clinical care scenarios for persons with comorbid psychiatric and general medical conditions.
- Approach the hospitalized, demoralized patient with bedside therapy techniques.
- Appreciate the importance of patients’ stories – their psychosocial narratives – in tailoring individualized treatment plans responsive to their personal needs.
- Define the intersection of communication in Psychosomatic Medicine and professional formation
- Improve and expand knowledge about improving the medical outcomes of chronically and persistently mentally ill patients.
APM has selected Hilton New Orleans Riverside for the 2015 meeting.
Stay in the center of it all at Hilton New Orleans Riverside and enjoy a prime downtown location at the base of Canal and Poydras Streets. This riverfront hotel is situated next to Harrah's Casino, steps from famous New Orleans Streetcar lines, a few blocks away from the French Quarter, and on the banks of the Mississippi River. This downtown New Orleans hotel is also adjacent to the Cruise Terminal, for easy access to your next cruise.
The APM room rate is just $209 plus applicable taxes of 14.75%, for single or double occupancy, until October 20 and includes free in-room Internet. Book your hotel room directly with the hotel by using APM's online booking site or call 504-584-3959 and ask to make your room reservation under the APM block with the code: APM. Please note that APM rates are available only until October 20.
Sharing a Room
If you are willing to share your hotel room with another meeting attendee to save considerably on the costs of attending the meeting, consider registering for sharing a room. Fill out the Room-Sharing Form with your partner preferences, and then view (and bookmark!) the resulting spreadsheet to see who else is also willing to share. If there's no one right away who looks promising, wait a few days and return to the spreadsheet (from the bookmark you set) to see if someone else has registered after you did. Then, contact the candidate(s) on your own. Note that the Academy takes no responsibility for any arrangements you make with others; the room-sharing feature is simply a convenient way to connect with others to share costs.
Alert: If you find a roommate and you each have hotel reservations, make sure one of you cancels no later than 10 days before your first night. Otherwise, you will be charged for the cost of your entire non-stay!
Hilton New Orleans Riverside
2 Poydras Street, New Orleans, LA 70130
BOOK ONLINE HERE
Be sure to mention you are attending the APM meeting.
- Downtown New Orleans hotel minutes from Café Du Monde and St. Louis Cathedral
- On the shores of the Mississippi River, adjacent to Cruise Terminal
- Near family-friendly New Orleans attractions at the Audubon Aquarium, Butterfly Garden, and Zoo
- Amazing views of downtown New Orleans or the Mississippi River from our upper floor rooms
- On-site dining at Drago's Restaurant, voted 2013 Best Seafood Restaurant in New Orleans by Gambit
- Across the street from the Shops at Canal Place, next to the Outlet Collection at the Riverwalk
Member (CME Liaison)
- 31.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 31.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.