61st Annual Academy of Psychosomatic Medicine - November 12-15, 2014
The 2014 Annual Meeting of the APM will provide educational material to help clinicians provide optimal medical and psychiatric care for patients experiencing medical, surgical, or neurologic conditions comorbid with psychiatric illness or neuropsychiatric symptomatology.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 29.50 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- Medical students
- Advanced practice providers (APNP, PA, CNS)
At the end of the APM meeting, participants will be able to:
- Apply psychosomatic medicine research findings to clinical care scenarios for persons with comorbid psychiatric and general medical conditions.
- Describe the roles, strengths, and challenges of psychosomatic medicine clinical models in a changing healthcare environment.
- Recognize the importance of patients’ stories – their psychosocial narratives – in tailoring individualized treatment plans responsive to their personal needs.
- Identify evidence-based methods of delivering psychiatric care when integrated into primary care and specialty care medical or surgical settings.
- Interpret knowledge about improving medical outcomes of patient suffering from chronic and persistent mentally illness(es).
- Define workforce and graduate medical education training needs for psychosomatic medicine in the era of health care reform.
SOLD OUT. Please book your room at the Sheraton.
APM Overflow Hotel:
The Sheraton Ft. Lauderdale Beach Hotel is immediately next door to the Marriott and no more than a 5 minute walk.
The APM room rate is $159 plus applicable taxes of 11%, for single or double occupancy, until October 18 and includes free in-room Internet. This rate will be available until October 18, or until the APM block is sold out, whichever comes first; APM makes no guarantee of room availability or rates after that date. Book your hotel room directly with the hotel by using APM's online booking site or call 1-888-627-7109 and ask to make your room reservation under the APM block.
Sharing a Room
If you are willing to share your hotel room with another meeting attendee to save considerably on the costs of attending the meeting, consider registering for sharing a room. Fill out the Room-Sharing Form with your partner preferences, and then view (and bookmark!) the resulting spreadsheet to see who else is also willing to share. If there's no one right away who looks promising, wait a few days and return to the spreadsheet (from the bookmark you set) to see if someone else has registered after you did. Then, contact the candidate(s) on your own. Note that the Academy takes no responsibility for any arrangements you make with others; the room-sharing feature is simply a convenient way to connect with others to share costs.
Alert: If you find a roommate and you each have hotel reservations, make sure one of you cancels no later than 10 days before your first night. Otherwise, you will be charged for the cost of your entire non-stay!
- 29.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 29.50 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.