Imaging and management of pulmonary disease is challenging and, at times, difficult. This educational activity is designed to provide a platform for discussion regarding approaches to improve the diagnosis and treatment of chest diseases such as interstitial lung diseases and infection diseases with special focus on the use of chest radiology. It is an interactive conference that involves radiologists, pulmonary and critical care physicians and other specialists who care for patients with thoracic diseases. These are case-based presentations, discussions followed by review of pertinent medical literature. When appropriate, a lung pathologist is invited as well.
Key Words: Pulmonary, Imaging, Interstitial
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
• Develop skills in interpretation of chest radiology studies, including but not limited to chest radiographs, CT scan, PET scan, and VQ scan.
• Correlate clinical symptoms and course of patient’s disease with chest radiologic findings.
• Develop evidence-based knowledge on the radiologic presentation, diagnosis and management of the cases presented through a problem-focused review of pertinent medical literature.
• Update the radiologists on the information required for various disease work ups and provide follow ups for cases they have evaluated.
• Provide interaction and consultation on difficult clinical cases being evaluated currently.
Luis Antonio Sosa Lozano, MD
Chief, Assistant Professor
Department of Radiology
Medical College of Wisconsin
Planning Committee Member(s):
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Luis Antonio Sosa Lozano
The following persons in control of content disclosed the following financial relationships which were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest mitigation process and addressed.
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.