Community Engaged Scholars Immersion Program
The 3.5-day Community Engaged Scholars Immersion Program focuses on the foundational elements necessary for creating successful, sustainable, and authentic community-academic partnerships and is designed for those looking to deepen and expand their existing community engagement practice.
During this experience, participants will learn the principles and processes of community engagement and community engaged research (CEnR), learn from community partners' experiences with community-academic partnerships, engage in discussion with researchers who’ve developed and maintained partnerships, and explore approaches to relationship development. Participants will conclude the program with various community engagement tools gleaned from workshops, panels, networking, reflections, and discussions.
This program is limited to those participants whose applications were accepted after a competitive review.
The Community Engaged Scholars Immersion Program is for researchers, clinicians, and learners looking to deepen and expand their existing community engagement practice.
*This program is limited to those participants whose applications were accepted after a competitive review.
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- identify the importance of community assets as a key component in community-academic partnerships
- examine personal self-awareness and accountability as a community engagement practitioner
- identify various principles that help support and create strong community-academic partnerships
- explain their capacity to be community engaged
- formulate ways to stack their personal goals, research priorities, and community engagement philosophies for future objectives
- apply foundational elements of partnership development to partnerships that you’ve built in the past or intend to pursue in the future
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
Aleka Shewczyk, Operations Manager, Friedens Food Pantries
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 12.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 12.25 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 12.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 12.25 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.