Surgical cases from the previous week are selected for discussion based on a complication, death or interesting feature. The clinical details are presented. Diagnostic images and tests are reviewed. Literature references are presented and discussed. The case is discussed by the faculty and key learning points and opportunities process for improvement are identified.
Key Words: Surgery, Surgical innovation, Surgical education
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Identify the pathophysiology and treatment of various surgical diseases and conditions.
- Identify the surgical strategies to avoid errors, complications, or death of patients.
- Maintain current on changing aspects/new approaches to surgical problems.
Tracy S. Wang, MD, MPH
Department of Surgery
Medical College of Wisconsin-Froedtert
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Tracy S. Wang, MD, MPH
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.