- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
Cardiology Grand Rounds is designed to provide faculty cardiologists, cardiology fellows, and ancillary staff (PA’s, NP’s) detailed exposure to 1) emerging concepts in the management and treatment of cardiovascular diseases, 2) initiatives at a state and national level to improve inpatient and outpatient outcomes in patients with cardiovascular disease, 3) knowledge to fill practice gaps identified in the division of cardiovascular medicine during our internal review meetings, and 4) basic and translational research that may affect the practice of cardiovascular medicine in the near future.
- To learn current practice guidelines in the evaluation and treatment of heart disease and to be able to discern how practice guidelines derived from large population groups will apply to specific individual patient groups.
- To identify barriers for the implementation of best practice guidelines in heart disease to daily current practice and discuss means of overcoming these barriers.
- To learn cost-effective strategies to diagnose and treat heart disease.
- To learn the potential advantages and potential applications of promising new advances emerging from the research laboratory into clinical practice or cardiology.
Ken Fujise, MD - University of Texas Medical Branch
All persons in control of content have No financial relationships to disclose except the following: