11th Annual Advances in Hematology & Oncology Fall Symposium
The practice of clinical hematology and oncology has been rapidly changing in recent years. Diseases and conditions that were previously extraordinarily difficult to manage have seen new treatment options emerge that have significantly improved clinical outcomes.
This one-day symposium will update participants on sarcoma, myeloid malignancies, neuroendocrine carcinoma, relapse mantle cell lymphoma, renal cell carcinoma, precision medicine, breast cancer therapies and more.
Physicians, Physician Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists, Registered Nurses
Participants who engage in this educational activity will be able to:
- Attendees will be able to identify current evidence-based practice guidelines for topic areas presented.
- Attendees will be able to identify current available clinical trials for potential enrollment to benefit their patients.
- contribute to recommendations for incorporation of techniques to increase access to quality care and increase enrollment in cancer clinical trials. This information will be reviewed by the organizers, and suggestions compiled/distributed to attendees as further feedback.
7:00 – 8:00 a.m. Check-in/View Exhibits/Breakfast
8:00 – 8:40 a.m. Precision Medicine – Hui-Zi Chen, MD, PhD
8:40 – 9:20 a.m. Advances in Relapsed Mantle Cell Lymphoma – Nirav Shah, MD
9:20 – 10:00 a.m. Updates in Neuroendocrine Carcinoma – James P. Thomas, MD, PhD
10:00 – 10:15 a.m. Break
10:15 – 10:55 a.m. Breakout Sessions
- Sexual Health & Breast Cancer Therapy - Jutta Deininger, DNP, WHNP
- Practice-Changing Updates in Sarcoma – John Charlson, MD
10:55 – 11:35 a.m. Renal Cell Carcinoma: Sequencing Therapy in 2022 – Nancy B. Davis, MD
11:35 – 12:15 p.m. Progress in Myeloid Malignancies Case Presentations – Ehab Atallah, MD
12:15 p.m. Lunch/Adjourn
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
The following persons in control of content disclosed the following financial relationships which were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest mitigation process and addressed.
|Nancy B. Davis, MD||Merck, AstraZeneca, Bristol Myers Squibb, Roche, Pfizer, Exelixis, Gilead, Seagen||Researcher|
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 4.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
- 4.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 4.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.