This is a working tumor board that covers active cases of patients with bone and soft tissue lesions associated with sarcoma (connective tissue neoplasms), metastatic carcinoma, and some metabolic bone disease. We discuss treatment plans/options/protocols for newly diagnosed and/or established adult musculoskeletal oncology patients based on the most up to date data/literature, evidence- based medicine, outcomes of our own research, and data accumulated at our tumor board via our ongoing data base. This series continues to grow as new treatment modalities that are founded/developed based on the on-going experience of the providers who are dedicated to attending our tumor board. These relationships continue to provide new collaborations, increase respect/trust, referrals, utilization of treatment resources and consistent continuity of care.
Key Words: sarcoma, connective tissue neoplasms, metastatic carcinoma, metabolic bone diseases
- Nurse Practitioner
- Physician Assistant
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Discuss treatment outcomes in comparison to the standard of care in evidence-based medicine and literature.
- Collaborate research efforts and establish research studies based on our findings and publish our outcomes.
- Continue to strengthen the multidisciplinary relationships that have evolved over the many years since this tumor board was established.
- Apply recent updates to treatment plans and protocols based on the discussions of the patient’s treatment at tumor board
- Expand our discussions to include the most recent and relevant literature evaluations on musculoskeletal oncology and disease protocols and treatment outcomes
- Continue to collaborate as a multidisciplinary unit to treat the patient as a whole and utilize treatment resources efficiently
- Publish research that is up to date and relevant to current literature
Donald Hackbarth, MD, FACS, FAAOS
Department of Orthopedic Surgery
Medical College of Wisconsin-Froedtert
In accordance with the ACCME® Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education, Standard 3, all in control of content must disclose any relevant financial relationships. The following in control of content had no relevant financial relationships to disclose.
- Keith Baynes, MD Associate Professor Section Chief Musculoskeletal Imaging
- Callisia Clarke, MD, MS, FACS, FSSO Associate Professor Surgical Oncology
- Melissa DuBois, MD Associate Professor Radiology
- Lori Hollingsworth-Burds, PA-C, MPAS Orthopaedic Surgery, Oncology
- Keenan Horness, PA-C, MPAS Orthoaedic Surgery, Oncology
- Alexandra Istl, MD, MPH, FRCSC, Assistant Professor Surgical Oncology
- Brandon Key, MD Assistant Professor VIR Radiology
- David King, MD Chair Professor Orthopaedic Surgery, Oncology
- Anai Kothari, MD, MS, Assistant Professor Surgical Oncology
- Krisztian Kovacs, MD, Assistant Professor Pathology
- John LoGiudice, MD Professor Plastic Surgery
- Rajeev Mannem, MD Chief Associate Professor Radiology
- Jennifer Merrill, APNP Surgical Oncology
- John Neilson, MD Associate Professor Orthopaedic Surgery, Oncology
- Brandon Rebholz, MD Associate Professor Orthopaedic Surgery, Spine
- Nathan Schloemer, MD Assistant Professor Hematology and Oncology, Pediatric
- Sean Veenendaal, PA-C, MPAS Orthopaedic Surgery, Oncology
- Matt Vickery, MD Assistant Professor Radiology
- Adam Wooldridge, MD, MPH Assistant Professor Orthopaedic Surgery, Oncology
The following persons in control of content disclosed the following financial relationships which were reviewed via the MCW conflict of interest mitigation process and addressed.
Hackbarth, Donald, MD
|MTF Biologics||Board of Directors|
Charlson, John, MD
Bedi, Manpreet, MD
- 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™
- 1.00 Hours of ParticipationHours of Participation credit.