Radiation Oncology Case Conference is intended to expose physicians to oncologic subspecialized case studies as applied to research-based-outcomes, new technologies, and treatment concepts. Each week a new topic is presented and discussed—allowing for questions and new learning developments, and conceptual enrichment.
Keywords: Radiation Oncology
- Medical physicist
- Physics resident
Participants who engage in this educational intervention will be able to:
- Recognize and understand the importance of the multidisciplinary approach to the care of my cancer patients
- Identify concurrent therapies to be used with radiation to achieve the best outcome for the cancer patient
- Assess the significance of new radiation approaches and technologies for the treatment of various cancer patients based on research and clinical outcomes
- Determine the optimal radio-therapeutic techniques for individual cancer patients with the utilization of new technologies
- Improve the quality and safety of patient radiation therapy treatments, while utilizing available tools and data and optimizing mortality rates and treatment outcomes
- Identify non-radiation approached to the cancer patient
- Assess emerging data and technical information regarding changes and progress in the radio-therapeutic management of all forms of cancers from typical to atypical
Faculty & credentials:
Colleen Lawton, MD, FACR, FASTRO
Vice Chair, Department of Radiation Oncology
Medical College of Wisconsin
+1 (414) 805-4488
01/04/2021 - 7:30am CST to 12/31/2021 - 8:30am CST
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this Live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Radiation Oncology Case Conference 2021
Froedtert and the Medical College of Wisconsin
9200 West Wisconsin AvenueVirtual Meeting - Specialty Clinics Building; 3rd Floor; Radiation Oncology Conference Room
Milwaukee, WI 53226
See map: Google Maps