Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation is a specialty which encompasses a wide range of clinical pathology and is ever evolving. MCW PM&R Grand Rounds strives to give clinicians in practice and training education and updates that reflect new advances and best in care practices for this specialty. Areas identified for focus this year include advances in diagnosing and treating neuromuscular disease, lymphedema and musculoskeletal conditions.
ACCME Accreditation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA Credit Designation Statement:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Hours of Participation for Allied Health Care Professionals:
The Medical College of Wisconsin designates this activity for up to 1.0 hours of participation for continuing education for allied health professionals.
Allied Health Care Professionals
- To provide clinicians with the latest updates in traumatic brain injury treatment and management
- To provide clinicians with the latest updates in the treatment of both acute and chronic pain as well as the new guidelines for use of opioid medications in the setting of a national opioid overuse crisis
- To provide clinicians with the latest updates in the diagnosis and treatment of chronic, disabling conditions related to cancer and cancer treatments
- To provide clinicians with information on the available resources for disabled persons so as to improve their function and increase community reintegration
- Identify patients who may benefit from stem cell therapy and review the current research as it relates to such
Activity Director: Cristopher White, MD
Carley N. Sauter, MD
Stacy Stibb, DO
Kimberley L. Zvara, MD
Peter Connelly, MD
Barbara Hughes, RN / Case Manager
Amy Slavik, RN / Case Manager
Linda Yoon, RN / Triage Nurse
All persons in control of content have NO relevant financial relationships to disclose.